Monday, July 18, 2016

The "I Told You So" Nifty Alarm Clock Form DreamSky

I am not a morning person. I never have been. I most likely never will be. So when I have to use an alarm to get up I am not the happiest person in the world. Even with music, they can be really jarring to me.

But......Life does not revolve around what I prefer. Shame!

So having an alarm clock is a must for me. Well why not make it one that is fun and does more than just tell the time and wake you up.


That's what this fun little alarm clock from DreamSky does. The DreamSky Portable Alarm Clock With Timer, Time/Date/Temperature Display is way more than just a clock that goes buzzzzz at you in the morning. Actually it beeps at you. Which to me is slightly less jarring than a buzzz.


The cool thing about this clock is that it has the time, either in 12 or 24 hour display, but it also shows the year, month, day and exactly what day of the week it is (this flashes on and off). I like that. As groggy as I can be in the morning, I need all the reminders I can get of what is going on in the world when I first get up. I've been know to mix my days up in a morning fog.


But the coolness continues. If you tip the clock on it's right side it will show you the alarm. This is where you set it and unset it. If you set it and don't unset it, every day at the same time it will go off. And it only goes off for one minute. To me that is needed. I've been known to hit the snooze too many times in the past.


Then you can turn it to the right again and it will display a timer. This is handy for keeping track of time. You can tell yourself you'll read for 30 minutes and set the timer. In 30 minutes it will go off and you can stick to your plan. I think this would be something good for kids in their rooms. Set it for doing homework or time-out and then when it goes off they know they are free to get up and do what they really want.


Turn it one more time to the right and you get the temperature in Celsius or Fahrenheit. This may not seem like a big deal to some of you, but to me it is. My guys are always keeping the house a lot colder than I like, so winter or summer, I am freezing. This little thing has helped me prove to them that the house is colder than they think it is. Call it the "I told you so" bonus to the clock!


Seriously though, this is a nice little clock that runs on 3 AAA batteries (not included, bummer), and it keeps really good time. It is, for the most, part easy to operate. Setting the year the first time might be a little bit of a pain, but then you should only have to do it once unless you are like me and goof up and have to run through a zillion years to get the right one twice. ***sigh*** It would be really nice to have for the duo alarm couple, a college kid or even younger kids. They would enjoy the ease of use and the bright green color.


You can purchase the DreamSky Portable Alarm Clock HERE!

This reviewer received the product free or at a discounted price in order to bring you an honest review. No other form of compensation was given. All opinions are those of the reviewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment