Monday, February 1, 2016

Best Silicone Mats I Have Tried and LOVE The Grill Mesh. You Will Too!

One thing I don't like to do is throw things away after just one use. I love using parchment paper and do from time to time, but it bothers me when I can only use it once.


That's why I love The PhatMat Premium Silicone Baking Mat. This has to be one of the nicest silicone mats I have tried! Now I have tried a lot of different silicone mats, but this set is by far the best I have tried, and for several reasons.

Almost all silicone mats can do the same thing, they help cook your food in the oven without having to use a cooking spray, oil, or butter. They keep foods from sticking and help to cook them evenly. I really love how they help brown the bottom of a cookie and keep the top beautiful! They can go from the oven to the freezer and even in a dehydrator. They tolerate temps from -40° to 480°.


But what I like so much about this set is that they are thinner than other mats I have tried. This is a big deal to me when it comes to some of the things I make that I want to make sure do not come up over the edge of the pan. If a silicone mat is too thick, things can spill over. I'm talking about jelly rolls and other things like this.


But I also LOVE the special silicone Grill Mesh that comes with this set. We have used it now in our oven and on the grill. On the grill it protects things from sticking beautifully. Foods that are coated with a seasoning or barbecue sauce do not stick and your grill stays nice and clean. It also allows the food to crisp up without sticking too. But in the oven, we have found it works so well making fries and tater tots we will not cook them any other way now. Since the mesh lifts the fries off the tray completely, the hot air can get all the way around and really crisp them up a lot faster and more evenly! It's the best thing ever!


We love both the silicone mats and the grill mess and intend on using them all the time! Oh and it comes in something I think was genius, a round tube that makes storing them so much easier! No fussing around with rolling them up and rubber banding them and hoping it doesn't break. The tube, holds all three and there is room for more!


You can buy The PhatMat Premium Silicone Baking Mat with bonus Grill Mesh HERE!

This reviewer has been compensated with receiving the product free or at a discounted price in order to bring you an honest review. All opinions are those of the reviewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment