Wednesday, November 25, 2015

This Is The Best Colander I Have Ever Used

One of my kitchen gadgets that I use a lot and often take for granted is my colander. It's out in the sink more than in the cupboard. But I have learned that not all colanders are made or work the same way. Some really are much better than others.


The KUKPO 5-Quart Stainless Steel Colander is one that is much nicer than other colanders and I really like it a lot!


First the colander has plenty of holes in the thick stainless steel, so things drain fast from it. Less shaking and tipping and maneuvering to get all the liquid out. But the height of it is what I love a lot. It is not as high as any other colander I have had. When I first got it, I thought it would be too short for me to use and I didn't think it would hold as much. I was wrong. It holds a ton of stuff and the height is fantastic. It is a little wider than other colanders, but the angle of the sides is not as steep and makes the whole thing about the same size as the top/rim of it. Since it is made like that, things inside spread out more making it easier to get all the liquid out.


I love the handles too. Sometimes I have poured very hot things in my colanders and grabbed the handles too quickly, and burned my hands a little. The handles on the KUKPO colander are coated so you won't burn your hands. It is comfortable to grip too. The coating feels better than the metal handles would and I feel like I have a firmer grip on it too.


The base of the colander sits up on a nice ring, also made of stainless steel. It keeps things up high enough to drain well and to support the colander while it sits in the sink or on the counter. It also goes around the drain very well making things drain a lot faster and it keeps things from touching the sink.

It is super easy to clean out. The edges around the holes are not sharp and my dishcloth does not catch on them at all. Since there are so many holes in the colander and it is spread out a little more, things do not clump up as much in the bottom, so the holes there do not clog up and get a lot of food stuck in them. You can also wash it in the dishwasher.

This is the best colander I have ever had and I am sure it will hold up for a long time!

You can purchase your own KUKPO 5-Quart Stainless Steel Colander HERE!

This reviewer has been compensated with receiving the product free in order to bring you an honest review. All opinions are those of the reviewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment