Friday, February 27, 2015

6 Things You Should Know About A Konjac Sponge



I'm sure you've seen one of the latest trends in skincare. In fact if you have been reading my blog you know I have tried some of these out. Konjac Sponges are one of the newest things out there and they are wonderful!

Here are 6 things you should know about them!

1. Konjac sponges remove your makeup. You can use them alone for a quick clean up without makeup, but when combined with a cleanser, they gently remove your makeup without being rough on your skin. They even work to gently remove mascara.

2. They do not heal acne. I've read some claims that they do, but they don't. They do, however, help clean your skin well enough to reduce the amount of acne you get.

3. Konjac sponges are super gentle! When using them they won't irritate your skin like a scrub can do. They are wonderful for exfoliating and getting to those places where you have dry flakey skin. They are even safe to use if you have any rosacea or if you have sensitivities.

4. They do have a limited use. Konjac sponges can last for quite a while and wear down, but they should not be used indefinitely. They are a sponge, and sponges can build up bacteria over time. So replace them every month or two.

5. Konjac sponges will make you skin more radiant. It's amazing how much they do make your skin radiant. As they exfoliate they encourage circulation to increase, which in turn helps your skin look and feel more healthy. You will notice a big difference in how smooth your skin feels.

6. They are biodegradable! I really love this! When you toss out your old Konjac sponge, don't put it in the trash. Put it in the compost pile. It will break down and continue to be of use to your plants and garden!


Elova Essence has a wonderful Japanese Konjac Sponge infused with green tea and green clay. This a a small konjac sponge that does a wonderful job. I just love the way it cleans my face and keeps it looking fresh and healthy. The inclusion of the green tea helps to balance the ph in your skin.


I have to say that the best thing about the Japanese Konjac Sponge is the exfoliation! I have struggled with small dry, flakey patches on my face for years. Lots of things have helped, temporarily, but nothing has really eliminated the spots. The Konjac sponge has done the best job out of anything I have tried. The more consistently I use it, the less trouble I have. That's a huge incentive to keep using this wonderful sponge! 

If you have not tried using a Konjac Sponge I can say you really should. It is something I am fairly sure you will not regret!


We received samples of the products for the purpose of review. No other compensation was given. All opinions expressed here are those of the author.

1 comment: