Friday, April 1, 2016

Beautiful, Intricate Design For the Discerning Man

Komang Wijayana said,
Komang Wijayana"I love to create something from many kinds of materials. God gave us a lot of things that are already amazing to make into nice jewelry. When I was 10 years old, my parents told me to learn about silver jewelry because someday, when I got older, I'd be able to make a living from this skill. They are master jewelers and have worked in this field since 1982, mostly in silver but also in gold. They taught me everything. The way they love their work made me love this world of jewelry. I love this job! It's like a hobby that makes money for living. I'm still single, and I feel like nothing will stop me in this career. "The nicest part of my jewelry is the uniqueness of its style. Although it shows an ethnic influence, it's different. The materials I use are silver, gold, gemstones, pearl, leather, wood and even bone. I love to create something from many kinds of materials. God gave us a lot of things that are already amazing to make into nice jewelry."

Komang is a wonderful artisan who lives in Celuk, the silver capital of Bali. One of the things he does is work with Novica through National Geographic. He designs special pieces just for Novica that are wonderful, full of beautiful details and are timeless.


One piece that I have the privileged of owning is called "Flowing Waters". It is the most beautiful bangle bracelet I have seen in a long time! The bracelet was designed for men, but I don't think it looks too bad on a woman either. It is made of .925 sterling silver and has six intricately woven bands of silver that look like a flowing river that wrap around your wrist.


This is not a simple, light weight piece of jewelry. This is a substantial piece that has some weight to it, yet while you are wearing it, feels comfortable and familiar. It also stands out without being gaudy or overbearing. It's a statement piece for any modern man.


It arrives in a lovely cloth cover box with two small pillows inside, one on the top and one on the bottom, to cushion and protect the piece from damage while being shipped. It is a perfect gift box for a presentation to someone special.


Novica has done it again with this amazing piece by Komang Wijayana. It further proves to me how carefully Novica chooses the artisans they work with. Not just any product will do for them. The work is distinctive and lovely!

You can purchase the Novica Sterling Silver Flowing Waters Cuff Bracelet HERE!

This reviewer received the product at a discounted price in order to bring you an honest review. No other form of compensation was given. All opinions are those of the reviewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment