Thursday, August 20, 2015

Lanier Garden Tools Ratcheting Pruning Shears

Gardening is something I love to do, but some aspects are not exactly fun for me. For example, I don't know anyone who truly likes to weed. They may like the end results, as I do, but the actual chore of doing it, well not so fun.

For me pruning is one of the chores I don't enjoy. It's something that I find difficult because of the arthritis in my hands. I used to have plenty of strength to do the job a few years back. Okay more than a few years, but who's counting? But today, I don't have the umph I need anymore to handle most of the pruning shears I own. I always have to ask for help.


Lanier Garden Tools sent me a pair of their Ratcheting Pruning Shears to try out. They were made specifically for people who do not have a lot of strength in their hands. Cutting with these shears takes 1/3 the effort it takes with other shears similar to them. The shears have a computer designed ratcheting cam that multiplies the power you have in your hand.


So how does this work? The company explains it in a way that makes sense. Not many people can lift a car by themselves, but with a jack you can lift a car enough to change a tire. That same kind of action that helps you lift the car with the jack has been put in these shears, to help you cut through a branch even up to 1" thick! Instead of making one single cut through the branch, the shears help you cut by making three smaller cuts.


The shears have a very comfortable grip. Even with hot and sweaty hands, I can still hold the shears securely. The handle is made from a special forged aluminum that is very strong, but stays light weight making it easy to hold on to. The blades are made of a high carbon steel that will help them stay sharp longer and also help prevent rust forming on them. I also appreciate the fact that they were made in a way that they can be used by either left or right handed people. It has a great locking mechanism that is very secure. I had a little difficulty figuring it out at first, but I do like how secure it is! The cutting action really is very easy to deal with. I have to put very little effort into squeezing the handles together to get the shears to cut.


Pruning shears are a must for any gardener, and like all tools they need to be taken care of. I love the one extra little feature on the shears that I have not see on any other pair I have owned. It has a small built-in oil sponge in the handle to help you take care of the shears so they last for many years to come. Such a smart idea!!

The company offers a really good guarantee. If you are dissatisfied with the quality or functionality of the Lanier Ratcheting Shears within 5 Years of purchase let them know and they will repair or replace them.

These would make a great addition to your gardening tools or a great gift for a gardener in your life!

You can purchase your own Lanier Garden Tools Ratcheting Pruning Shears HERE!

The reviewer has been compensated with receiving the product free in order to bring you an honest review. All opinions are those of the reviewer.

1 comment:

  1. The link to where to purchase the Lanier Garden Tools Ratcheting Pruning Shears does not work. In fact, any search I do for this tool returns no results. Is Lanier Garden Tools still in business?

    ReplyDelete