Sunday, June 28, 2015

Gluten-Free Diet? It Just Got A Lot Easier Thanks To Nogii

Have you ever had a protein bar? And on top of that, let's make them gluten-free. I asked several of my friends that and all of them made funny faces with their noses scrunched up and said "yes" in a way that sounded like they were disgusted! I knew exactly how they felt and what they were thinking.

We all know that protein bars are good for us when we need an extra boost or to help us through a diet, but let's face it, they don't exactly rank right up there with the best tasting things you have ever tried!

Until now!!!


Elisabeth Hasselbeck has worked hard to develop a protein bar that really does taste good. She was involved from start to finish and used her family and friends as taste testers. She helped develop Nogii! I'm not exaggerating one bit when I tell you that they taste good.


I had my husband try them out and he absolutely hated ever having to eat a protein bar in the past. He very reluctantly tried a tiny, tiny nibble of a Nogii Bar, mulled over the flavor a little and took a big bite! He was shocked and now he snacks on them and uses them to stick to his diabetic diet regularly! He really, really likes them.


But I wasn't going to stop there. I had several of my good friends at Bible study try them out too. They all looked at them skeptically and discussed the amount of carbs and sugar and protein, but still were not sure they wanted to try them. One brave soul opened up a wrapper and took a big bite. Her eyes went wide and she could not believe how good it tasted! She immediately told everyone else they were good! As each person slowly tried them out, each one had the same reaction. They clearly declared that they were not just good, they were very good! Several even asked for more. LOL!

I could not agree more! They are fabulous. Each and every person I have given one to has said the same thing and wanted to know how something that was a protein bar AND gluten-free could taste so good!

It all came about from Elizabeth finding out about her sensitivity to gluten and being determined to get rid of it in her diet completely. But like many people who have a gluten sensitivity or Celiac Disease, she found out that a large number of gluten-free products just had little to no flavor. I know what she felt like when she explained how bland and icky the food was. It seemed to me to be like eating cardboard. Yuck!

Through trial and error and determination she was able to develop Noggii High Protein Bars, Paleo Bars, Super Protein Bars, and Whey & Quinoa Protein Powder. Each and every one of the products tastes so good and is packed with high nutrition that will help you get through your day, have a better workout and keep your energy and concentration at it's peak! I am a huge fan now and will continue to use these as a regular part of my diet in the future.



The Protein Bars come in fantastic flavors, Peanut Butter & Chocolate, Chocolate Mint, Cookies &; Cream, Chocolate Coconut, Cocoa Brownie, and Rocky Road. The Paleo Bars come in Nuts About Berries, Nuts About Nuts, and Nuts About Tropical Fruit. And the Whey Protein comes in Chocolate and Vanilla. It's hard to choose a favorite, they all are really good!

What I love is how well they work at filling me up and giving me the energy I need to get through my day. Sometimes I don't have time to grab a proper meal and these have helped me keep going without getting the shakes from not eating and also keeping my energy up. They satisfy my crunchy and sweet snacky desires all at the same time. I love that!


Elizabeth has also written two books, The G Free Diet: A Gluten-Free Survival Guide and  Deliciously G-Free: Food So Flavorful They'll Never Believe It's Gluten-Free. I've read through the first book, The G Free Diet and learned a lot. She tells you all about her journey becoming gluten free and the kinds of foods you can an can't eat as well as great tips on living in a world full of gluten everywhere you turn. I love the list of products name specifically by brand that are gluten-free. It will make shopping a lot easier and faster know who carries what. I can recommend the book and I am looking forward to reading her second one too.

Living gluten-free used to be something that was extremely difficult and almost next to impossible. I have several friends who have Celiac and have struggled for many years with finding food they could live on and still feel well. Things are changing in the market for those who have to eat gluten-free and for those who choose to. Thanks to Elizabeth Hasselbeck and Noggi, it's gotten a lot easier and tastier too!

Noggi products are available online on their website or you can locate a store near you that sells them with their handy store locator on the site HERE!

The reviewer has been compensated with receiving the product free through Moms Meet and Nogii in order to bring you an honest review. All opinions are those of the reviewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment