Saturday, April 18, 2015

It's Time To Start Thinking About Canning Season!



For years I have been canning food. It's one thing that has helped our family keep the food budget in check. Although I don't can as much as I used to, I still love to make some special items and keep some good basics in stock all the time.

Bellemain has a fantastic canning tool set for the beginner or expert canner.  They have put together 6 great utensils needed by anyone who cans, all in one convenient set. 


The pieces included in the set are a funnel, jar lifter, magnetic lid lifter, tongs, bubble popper/measuring stick and lid remover wrench. Each of the pieces is well made and light weight, which is nice since often with canning there is some heavy lifting involved.

The tongs, jar lifter and lid remover wrench have handles that are rubber coated for comfort and easier gripping. The jar lid wrench is one tool that you don't see too often when searching for canning supplies, but it is a very welcome piece to have as many times the sealed lids are very well sealed and  the rings are difficult to get off. I like that the funnel is plastic too. My old one is metal and often it got too hot to hold while I was using it.


I really like the bubble popper/measuring stick. Mine for as long as I can remember has always been a wooden spoon handle or knife. This plastic tool is the right length to fit into any size jar to make canning much easier. I love the measuring part at the end. You can accurately measure the height of the produce in the jar with it without guessing or estimating. There is 1/4", 1/2", 3/4", and 1" measurements. You simply set the measurement edge in the jar rim and you can see how close your contents are to the rim of the jar for proper processing. Easy!

I haven't done any canning yet this year, but I am really looking forward to it and being able to use these tools often. Just testing them out and seeing how well they work was fun and has gotten me excited about canning again! I often canned food and gave them as gifts and I am planing on doing that again this year!

You can purchase this set of Bellemain Canning Tools HERE! 
Right now they are being sold for a phenomenal price, $9.95!! That's a tremendous deal!!

We received samples of the products for the purpose of review. All opinions expressed here are those of the author.

No comments:

Post a Comment