Friday, January 27, 2012

Twice Baked Potatoes

Oh my golly! I can not tell you how good this recipe is. I have made it many times now and every time I do I get raves about it. In fact we ended up making it for our Mother Daughter banquet last year. It was so popular I had to copy the recipe for everyone who came! I got it form a dear man who has served with Child Evangelism Fellowship for many years. My husband and I used to be missionaries with them and that is how we met him. Thanks so much Joe for such an amazing recipe!! Just wish I had a picture to show you.

Twice Baked Potatoes    (Joe Swisher)

4 large potatoes, baked and cooled.
(I rub oil on the potato skins and then cut them in half before baking. I also wrapped the two halves together in foil to bake)
2 small potatoes, peeled, boiled and cooled
1 c. sour cream
4 tbsp. butter
½ tsp. salt
½ tsp. pepper
1 c. finely shredded cheddar cheese (reserve ⅓ c. for topping)
4 heaping tbsp. chives (reserve small bit for topping)
⅓ c. bacon bits (optional & reserve for topping)

Cut baked potatoes in half lengthwise. Carefully scoop out the inside of each half, reserving the skins. Mash the potato scooped out & boiled potatoes. Mix the remaining ingredients into the potatoes. The mixture will be thick and heavy to mix. Scoop mixture back into the potato skins or use a very large decorating tip to pipe the potatoes back into the skin. Cover and refrigerate overnight, if desired. Preheat oven to 250◦. Sprinkle tops of potatoes with remaining cheddar cheese and chives (and bacon if desired). Bake for 35-40 minutes to warm through and to melt cheese on top.

Trut me, your family will love this and ask for more! It's so easy to do and really yummy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment