Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Christmas Ornament Memories

I love Christmas! It's my favorite holiday. There's just something special about celebrating the birth of our Savior and spending special times with family and friends.


Decorating has always been a joy for me, and I often get teased by my husband that I overdo on it. But it's only once a year and I like to make it really special. My decorations are simple and not fussy, so I think I do keep it a lot more simple that he does.


For many years now I have made a unique ornament for my family and special friends. It's become a big tradition and every year someone or two or three, ask me what I am making each Christmas. I love to keep it a secret, and although my husband and kids get to see the whole process from start to finish, others who do not live in this house, don't! I love keeping it a surprise.


Over the years I have made things from cloth, wood, paper and plastic. You just never know what my mind is going to come up with or I might find inspiration from as I am out and about.


These are just a few of the ones I have made, and each one is signed by me and dated so I can remember that year easily.

So what is this year's? Well, here it is.....


And this is the happy bowl holding the few I have left to hand out to some local friends and loved ones. Many, many more have been mailed off to their new homes.


I hope you find a way to make each Christmas special and full of memories you can cherish for years to come.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment