Friday, September 25, 2015

Incessant Divagation

“LOOKING FOR A SIGN” 
by Rick Jones, Husband of the Minister's Wife

Last week I promised to share messages from the sign in front of Goodold Baptist Church. There were plenty of common messages announcing special meetings or saying things like “JESUS IS RISEN”, but the offbeat ones had a special place for me. Not all of the examples here were original with me. I found many ideas online. Just search for “funny church sign messages” [but finish reading this article first].

SEVEN DAYS WITHOUT PRAYER 
MAKES ONE WEAK 

ttt

OPEN SUNDAYS
SINNERS WELCOME 

ttt

IF YOU ARE TOO BUSY 
TO PRAY
YOU ARE TOO BUSY 

ttt
1 CROSS PLUS 
3 NAILS EQUALS 
4 GIVEN 

ttt
TO LEARN ABOUT LIFE
READ PSALMS, NOT PALMS 

ttt 

CH__CH 
WHAT'S MISSING? 
UR 

ttt 

YOUR ETERNAL RESERVATIONS: 
SMOKING OR NON-SMOKING? 

ttt 

JESUS WILL RETURN 
SEE THE LIGHT 
OR FEEL THE HEAT 

ttt 
APRIL 1ST
INTERNATIONAL ATHEIST DAY
PSALM 14:1

But I never could top my favorite message of all, which was not found on a church sign, but was displayed outside a gas station / convenience store:

THE BOSS TOLD ME
TO CHANGE THE MESSAGE
ON THIS STUPID SIGN
SO I DID

No comments:

Post a Comment