Tuesday, September 15, 2015

An Impressive Knife Set That Works As Well As They Look

Having a good set of knives in your kitchen is a must. I will admit that I am a bit of a snob about them. I grew up in a town that has one of the world's leading knife manufacturers and I love their knives. BUT....I am willing to try others to see how well they work. A good knife, no matter who makes it is a good knife!


I was introduced to ceramic knives a while back, but I had only tried one style. I liked it and use it from time to time, but it was not a test of how well a variety of them might work for me. So when I got the Elegana 10 Pieces Premium Kitchen Ceramic Knives set I was happy to see how well a variety of blades would do.

The 10 pieces to the set include:
• (1) Green 3" Paring Ceramic Knife
• (1) Yellow 4" Fruit Ceramic Knife
• (1) Red 5" Santoku Ceramic Knife
• (1) Blue 6" Chef Ceramic Knife
• (4) Color Protective Sheaths
• (1) Ceramic Peeler
• (1) Polishing Microfiber Cloth


The set arrives in a beautiful gift box, which would be perfect for making a good impression with anyone you want to give a gift to. The knife handles are colorful and come with matching covers to protect the knives and your fingers.


When I tried each one of the knives, I can honestly say that I was impressed with how well they cut. The blade is very, very sharp and even after cutting through some tough meat I had no trouble cutting through an onion. It's amazing how well these slice through things with very little effort. The chef knife does a wonderful job of chopping things up quickly.

The knives are balanced very well and they feel good in your hands. This really helps to cut down on fatigue when you have to cut a lot of things. The grip on each knife feels comfortable and helps to prevent your hand from slipping as you work.


I will admit the idea of them being ceramic is still a little intimidating. Although they are made very well and are durable, they are still ceramic and ceramic can chip if you are not careful. These knives are not intended for cutting through bone. There they could chip and once chipped are not much use. There are specific warnings on the instruction sheet that comes with them and I highly recommend reading it carefully.


I hand wash my knives, but they are safe to be washed on the top shelf of the dishwasher. I love that they will not absorb odors and will never rust. That's a big plus! And you get the wonderful ceramic peeler that works like a charm. It just glides through the skin of vegetables. The polishing cloth comes in very handy for keeping the knives shiny and very clean!

Will I give up my other knife set to use only ceramic? No! But I can certainly see that these knives would be a nice addition to my other knives or as a wonderful gift. They are a great set of knives that would help anyone in their kitchen.

You can purchase your own set of Elegana 10 Pieces Premium Kitchen Ceramic Knives HERE!

The reviewer has been compensated with receiving the product free in order to bring you an honest review. All opinions are those of the reviewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment