I am sure you have been hearing about Argan Oil. It's been around for centuries, but we here in the US are getting to experience it more than ever before.
NorthCoast Products 100% Virgin Argan Oil has been receiving rave reviews online for the past year, and I can see why. The ancient organic oil has been used for centuries to work wonders for aging skin, brittle hair, and dry hands as well as a softener for nails. It has been used primarily by women as a beauty/health product, to add luster to their hair, however even men have been using it as a beard product as well. The oil is shipped via air freight from Morocco, cold pressed, certified organic, and hand-made by the local Berber women in all-female co-ops. That's something I really like!
1. Face Moisturizer - After cleansing morning and/or night, massage a few drops of argan oil directly onto your face and neck. Since argan is considered a dry oil, it absorbs quickly and is not greasy. If you want to use it as a serum, apply your night cream after the oil absorbs into the skin.
2. Hydrating Toner – Add a few drops of argan oil to your favorite facial toner to hydrate and tone simultaneously. You can make your own toner by adding a few drops of argan oil to Rose or Orange Blossom water.
3. Rejuvenating & Brightening Face Mask – Add a few drops of argan oil to your store-bought mask. Alternatively, make your own mask by mixing 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, 3 teaspoons of Greek-style yogurt, 1 tablespoon of honey and 3 drops of argan oil in a bowl. Apply on a clean, dry face and leave on for 10 minutes. Rinse off with warm water.
4. Exfoliating Lip Scrub and Moisturizer – To smooth and moisturize your lips, add a few drops of argan oil and vanilla extract to fine brown sugar. Lightly massage into lips using circular motion and rinse off.
5. Face Glow – Add a drop or two of argan oil to your foundation, bronzer or tinted moisturizer for a dewy, luminous glow.
6. Leave-on Conditioner – After the shower, while your hair is still wet, add a few drops of argan oil to your hair, ends and scalp to hydrate and moisturize. It’s especially nourishing if your hair is dry from daily use of a blow dryer, straight-iron or curling iron.
7. Hair Styling Shine – When your hair is dry, use as a styling product by adding a few drops of argan oil to the palms of your hand. Rub your hands together and run your fingers through your hair to create shine and tame frizz. You only need a small amount. It lasts a long time.
8. Overnight Hair Treatment – Massage a generous amount of argan oil into your hair, ends and scalp. Wrap your hair and leave it on while you sleep. (Shower cap works great for this.) In the morning, wash your hair and you’ll have luminous, soft locks.
9. Cuticle and Heel Softener – Massage a few drops of argan oil into your cuticles to soften, moisturize and encourage nail growth. Use as an overnight treatment to nourish cracked heels by working a good amount into your feet and toes. Cover with socks and wake up to supple feet.
10. Body and Bath Oil – Add a few drops of argan oil directly onto your skin, into the bath or body lotion. It’s safe to use on a baby and to help minimize stretch marks on a pregnant belly too.
I have tried over half of those thing listed above and can tell you that I love Argan Oil! It really does work well, especially for your scalp and hair. My hair has been super shiny and soft since I started using it. But I also learned that it helps with skin rashes, bug bites and some people even use it for skin infections. I have to say this is one very versatile oil and I seriously recommend it to you!
You can purchase your own North Coast Argan Oil HERE!
We received samples of the products for the purpose of review. No other compensation was given. All opinions expressed here are those of the author.