Thursday, August 28, 2014

Throwback Thursday ~ To One Of My Favorite Peeps!


I thought it would be fun to share an old blog post with you for Throwback Thursday. Thefrom way back when I first started blogging and originally share on April 4, 2009.

To One Of My Favorite Peeps!
Today was a nice quiet day. I really like those days, especially when it falls on a Friday. I got to spend the whole day just puttering around the house and doing small projects I have wanted to do for a while. I would call that a very productive day!


I did get to work tonight on the SCS Inspirations Challenge. We were to go to the web site of French Bull Store. What an interesting site and a challenging site to find inspirations for a card! It was fun looking through all the neat things they carry in their store. This is what inspired me, the Felix Platter. To me it just said "Chicken Wire"! So I immediately thought of the background stamp and several chicken stamps I have.

To One Of My Favorite Peeps!
And well here you have what I came up with from that platter. I love the little chicken stamp I used. She has on the biggest shoes. I just smile every time I see those spindly legs in those giant shoes!! She, as well as all images, were stamped in Stazon Jet Black ink. I water colored her and just added a smidge of accent with colored pencils. She and the panel behind her are popped up to give some dimension. Then I added brads, twill ribbon and a spiral clip.

Oh the chicken stamp is from Stampotique Originals. The chickenwire background is from Judikins. The sentiment is from A Muse Artstamps. Spiral clip and brads are all from Spare Parts.

I made the card for a very dear friend, just to encourage her. Hope she likes it! Hope you like it. Thanks again for spending some time with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment