Thursday, July 24, 2014

The Orblue Propress Stainless Steel Garlic Press Makes A Smelly Job So Much Easier!



I love to cook and one ingredient I love to cook with is garlic. It just adds so much wonderful flavor to a large variety of foods. But if you are like me, you don't like going around all day with your hands smelling like garlic after mincing up some. Even using stainless steel soap to help eliminate the odor, a little of it still hangs around.


Orblue has a fantastic product to help you touch garlic a lot less, thus keeping that distinctive odor off you as much as possible, the Propresser Stainless Steel Garlic Press.

By far this is not your average garlic press. I have had too many to count over the last 30 years and most of them did not last for a long enough time to suit me. So many of them are made with cheap metal, are painted (which can flake off with repeated use and washing), and many times the hinge holding the two pieces breaks or the pin falls out. Such a waste of time and money with products like that!

Propresser Stainless Steel Garlic Press is not like any other garlic press I have tried (and I have bought a few expensive ones. UGH!). The stainless steel is high quality and thick. When you open up the box you can feel how much more substantial this garlic press is to any other. It has weight to it and , well umph!


It does not have two pieces like most presses do. There are three. There is an inner basket that swings out to make it a lot easier to get the minced pieces off and to clean it. I can't begin to tell you what a difference that makes!


When you mince your garlic there are two ways you ca do it, peeled or unpeeled. Both work just as well, but when it comes down to it, not having to peel is not only more likely to keep your hands from smelling like garlic, but also saves you time. Not peeling is one less step you have to take in getting a good meal on the table. I don't know anyone who would not enjoy more time, even if it is just a little!

Using the press take very little effort. The press itself is sturdy and hefty enough to do the work for you without have to squeeze the handles hard. Plus the handles themselves are good sized making it easy to grasp. Even someone who has arthritis in their hands would be able to use this press.


What I love about having a substantial garlic press like this is being able to mince a lot of garlic at one time. I love to grow my own and when you have a lot of garlic clove bulbs, it's easy for them to start drying up and become nothing more than an empty, useless husk. I will mince up quite a few of the clove heads and then dehydrate them for later.

There are lots of ways to dehydrate your garlic. You can microwave it on a low setting. This is not the optimal way though. It tends to dry too quickly loosing a lot of the essential oil that gives the garlic it's wonderful flavor.

You can dry it slowly in the oven or a dehydrator. I have done both of these, and they work, but sometimes they still seem to dry up too much loosing that flavor I love.

My favorite way to dehydrate garlic is to air dry it on parchment paper of paper towels. it takes longer, but the flavor seems to be more full and intense. It's something you have to get used to though, since the room you are drying it in will smell a little too much for a few days. The odor does not linger too long though and it is well worth the time and your money!


Freshly minced and dehydrated minced garlic.

If you have never grown your own garlic, I highly recommend you do. You plant it in the fall (late October, early November) to get the best crop the next year. Once you start planting your own, each year you can use one of the garlic clove bulbs to replant for next year's crop!

Having the Orblue Propresser Stainless Steel Garlic Press is something I am exceptionally happy about. I'll be using it on my home grown garlic for many years!

You can purchase your own Propresser Stainless Steel Garlic Press HERE! Is is on sale for 70% off!!

Connect with them on FacebookTwitter 

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment