Thursday, December 13, 2012

Every Perfect Gift Is A Winner!!


{MORE ABOUT BEAUTY FOR ASHES} 

Book 3 in Dorothy Love’s Hickory Ridge Romance series. Ethan and Sophie long to share a future together. But the secrets they’re not sharing could tear them apart. Sophie Caldwell has returned to Hickory Ridge, Tennessee, after years away. Despite the heartaches of her childhood, Sophie is determined to make a home, and a name, for herself in the growing town. A gifted writer, she plans to resurrect the local newspaper that so enchanted her as a girl.

Ethan Heyward’s idyllic childhood was shattered by a tragedy he has spent years trying to forget. An accomplished businessman and architect, he has built a majestic resort in the mountains above Hickory Ridge, drawing wealthy tourists from all over the country.

When Sophie interviews Ethan for the paper, he is impressed with her intelligence and astounded by her beauty. She’s equally intrigued but fears he will reject her if he learns about her shadowed past. Just as she summons the courage to tell him, Ethan’s own past unexpectedly and violently catches up with him, threatening not only his life but their budding romance.

 {MORE ABOUT DOROTHY LOVE}

 Find out more about Dorothy, a fellow Hoosier at http://dorothylovebooks.com/.

{What I Thought About The Book}
I have to admit I know what it is like going "back home" like the main character of this books, Sophie,did. it is not easy to do. I have lived away from where I grew up for almost 30 years. People back home remember what I was like way back when and don't really know the me I have become over those 30 years.

Sophie was a brave and adventurous woman who I admire, and since she was set in a place I was already familiar with, it was easy to get into the flow of the book and relive things with all of the characters. In a sense you felt like you were going back home with Sophie, although with much less apprehension than she had! She is portrayed a s a strong, determined young woman in a time where that was not encouraged by society. Against the norm, Sophie accomplishes so much and I admire the way Dorothy wrote that in her character!

Watching the romance between her and Ethan grow was such a joy. All you could do was route for them as they went through all the ups and downs through the book. Some parts were so exciting I could hardly stop reading. The suspense was almost too much at times! The fact that it is written around the holidays just adds to the whole atmosphere of the book too! 

You can purchase a copy of the book HERE!

I received a copy of the book for this review through Litfuse. I was not compensated in any other way. All opinions expressed here are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment