Thursday, April 2, 2009

It's Been One Of Those Days!

It's been one of those days. I'm sure you know what I mean, too much going on and then one of your kids is sick. That's been my day. I did get a lot accomplished, but it seemed to drag on and on. I'm thankful they don't come along everyday!! My youngest son has had a very bad cold for a few days. Monday he decided he needed to have a high fever to go along with it. So we had been fighting that fever until late this morning. Finally broke! He's doing a lot better, but sure scared us for a while. 103-104 is nothing to take for granted.

I have just one card today. This is for the SCS Clean and Simple Challenge. A clean an simple card is just that. You aren't supposed to use a lot of layers, if any, and keep your embellishments to a minimum. There is also supposed to be a lot of open space on the card.

So here is my card. The image is from American Art Stamps. It was drawn by Emerson Quillin. I love the work he does. The images usually crack me up and give me a good smile.

I did a quick watercolor of the girl and then simply mounted her on the paper. The strip behind her is pierced, but seems to be a little difficult to see in the picture. Gonna have to work on that I guess. Photography has not been my strong suit. The brad is from Spare Parts.

I really enjoy making simple and quick cards from time to time. If every card took a long time I would never get enough done. As a Pastor's wife, I send out a lot of cards, so quick is always good!

Thursday is going to be another busy day for me. Have a ladies meeting at church and a dear friend of mine and I are in charge of the program and refreshments. Since it is so close to April Fool's Day we have a lot of "fun" things planned for them. Should be a good night!

Thanks for joining me today!

2 comments:

  1. Cut card, Lois! And I LOVE the snorting clock on your blog.....it's adorable! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, love the image and love the card. It's adorable :D

    ReplyDelete