Friday, April 3, 2009

I Made Them Look Twice!!

The ladies meeting at church went over like a lead balloon, well at least the food did! It was so much fun to see the faces of the ladies when they got to see the food my friend and I provided for them. You see our menu went along with our lesson on deception. Things are not always as they seem, including the food! We served them Dirt Pudding with gummy worms hidden inside and Kitty Litter. Yep, Kitty Litter. It's disgusting looking!!!! But boy is it yummy! Here is what the cake looked like. Is that not the most disgusting cake you have ever seen?! The "lumps" are actually pieces of slightly melted and reshaped Tootsie Rolls. It's served in a real cat litter tray with a real cat litter scoop. Of course they were new and carefully washed!! I have to say the ladies looked twice, but they all tried it. I was so proud of them!! They liked it too once they got past the looks.

We also had table gifts for them. I think it sort of made up for the nasty looking food. They were fake ice cream sundaes. I made them by simply rolling up wash cloths in different ice cream colors and putting them in clear plastic cups. Add a straw and a cherry (pompom) and you have a sundae. We had all kinds of "flavors" for them to pick from. Now those they thought were just too cute!!




This one is supposed to be coffee, chocolate and French vanilla ice cream. Neat looking isn't it? Those flavors sound like they would be pretty good tasting too.


We had a lot of fun talking about how many things in our lives and many people we meet are really not what they seem to be at first. Once we get to know the people or learn more about circumstances around us they aren't at all what we first thought. It's important that we filter things through the eyes and ears of Christ so we see what is truth and what is deception.


I do think the ladies are going to think twice from now on about any food I bring over to the church. They may second guess what kinds of things I may have put in the dish. But then one lady offered to swap recipies with me. She has one for kitty litter cookies. Now those sound interesting!!

I do have a card for you too. Much different from what we were just talking about. Thank goodness for that! I made it for the SCS Limited Supplies Challenge. It's called Easy as 1 - 2 - 3. We were to use one color of card stock, 2 patterned papers and 3 embellishments. The color of card stock I chose was Olive. The patterned papers are from Basic Grey. I just love them. The three embellishments I used were ribbon, brads and photo corners.



The stamp is from Stampington and Company. It was stamped with Stazon Jet Black ink and then I water colored just the girl. I love the antique looking brads from Spare Parts I used. They just add to the old fashioned look of the girl and paper. I distressed the edges of the paper she is stamped on and then smudged it with Stampin Up Old Olive ink.


Thanks for stopping by again, and promise if you ever come by my house the food will look a whole lot better than that cake up there!!

10 comments:

  1. Cute...that poop cake lookslike...well, POOP! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL oh my goodness, when I first saw the picture of the cake I couldnt believe my eyes...LOL WOW it looks real.

    Well I do love the card you made,you did a great job on it :)

    Have a wonderful weekend!!

    Hugs,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cake would have freaked me out! I don't think I would have been able to stomach it. Love the washcloth sundaes. What a creative idea. And your card is fun, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I make that cake every halloween - its a hit! Great clock by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My husband made a kitty litter cake for Halloween one year. No one would touch it! He was so proud! :) Great card by the way. I love the image of the little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. that cake looks very gross, lol. But the sundaes are too cute!! What a great time I'm sure you all had.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun cake! I don't know if I would have been brave enough to try it.
    Love the card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome cake, great blog. Can I suggest using the pop up comment box, many of us use Firefox and are unable to leave comments unless we switch browsers :).

    ReplyDelete
  9. awesome cake.And I love those shakes too cute.

    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great way to tie in your talk with the food. I'm sure it would have been interesting to hear. Your card is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete