Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Coffee House Coffee Without the Coffee House

Most anyone who meets me for the first time very quickly realizes how much I love coffee. They will see me with a travel mug in my hand pretty much everywhere. My husband has teased me from time-to-time that the mugs are an extension of my arms. He's kind of right.


Coffee, in my opinion is good made in several ways, but my favorite and to me the most flavorful kind in made with a French Press. It's bolder, richer, more flavorful, and a lot more good things! So when I got the chance to try out the French Press Travel Mug from MIRA Brands I was excited!

The travel mug is made of stainless steel with a high quality insulation, and double walled. You can pour boiling water inside and you will not feel the heat on the outside, except right at the top near the lid. And even there it is only slightly warm. It will also keep cold drinks nice and cold for some time too. I honestly have not tested how long it will stay hot or cold because I drink the contents before I can figure it out.


The Mug holds 12 ounces of water, but when you add the grounds to the mug and then the water only about 11 ounces actually fit. It didn't come with instructions, but the general rule is 1-2 tbsp of coffee per 6 ounces of water. I tried the 2 tbsp the first time and liked it well enough to continue using that measurement. When I pour in the hot water I let it brew for 5 minutes and keep the lid of the mug on without depressing the plunger to keep it hot while it brews. After 5 minutes, I slowly depress the plunger till it can't go any farther, just as I would my full-size French Press.


I do have a few small complaints about the mug. One is that if I want to add cream or sugar it's not easy. I have to pour it in through the small opening I drink from. From there I can't stir it very well since the only thing that fits in the opening would be a small stir stick or straw.

The other complaint is that the drink hole opening does not seal shut. It does snap open so it doesn't flap around while you are drinking from it, but I do wish that it would seal shut to keep the heat in a little longer.

The bottom of the mug has a nice silicone base that keeps it from slipping around wherever you set it. It can be washed by hand in the sink or all parts can be washed in the dishwasher.

Overall I like the mug and will be using it on the go and in the house (I have tendency of leaving my mugs around and then forgetting about them to find them later cold).

You can purchase your own MIRA Brands French Press Mug HERE!

The reviewer has been compensated with receiving the product free in order to bring you an honest review. All opinions are those of the reviewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment