Tuesday, September 17, 2013

FAGE Total Greek Yogurt Has Made A Big Difference In Our Lives!


I love to cook! I love to bake! I love to create with food! I also love trying out foods that are better for me and make the foods I already love even better! I received some free FAGE Total Greek Yogurt to try out from FAGE and BzzAgent. This was one trial I knew I was going to enjoy and I did!

Back in 1926, Athanassios Filippou opened a small dairy shop at 213 Patison Street in Athens, Greece. But this wasn’t the hustling, bustling Athens of today. The shop was located in the countryside with only a single train station nearby. As travelers would come and go, the reputation of the shop’s delicious, creamy, one-of-a-kind yogurt grew. As he nurtured the business with great care and passion, Athanassios brought his sons Ioannis and Kyriakos into the business and named it FAGE (pronounced “fa-yeh”).

Shortly afterwards, Ioannis and his brother Kyriakos opened the company’s first yogurt production facility. During this time, retailers sold yogurt as a commodity, with the consumer having no idea who the manufacturer was. Upon moving the FAGE yogurt plant to the Metamorfossi area of Athens, FAGE became the first company to bring branded yogurt to the market. In fact, it was presented in packaging that is very similar to today’s design.

Since then, FAGE has expanded throughout Greece, Europe and the world, including the United States in 1998. In 2008, FAGE opened a state-of-the-art production facility in Johnstown, New York.

I'm thrilled that FAGE Yogurt is here to stay because it is wonderful to eat and to cook with! Their website has tons of different recipes to try out and each one is made using some of the yogurt! We tried it several ways at out house. One of the first things was I added it to mashed potatoes instead of sour cream. I seasoned it with chopped chives, pepper, salt, and a smidge of Parmesan cheese, then I stirred it in with the mashed potatoes! Wow! The potatoes were so good and creamy and full of flavor. They were a big hit.

I also love smoothies and I found a recipe a while back and had not tried it yet. This was the perfect time to try it, especially since it is a Fall kind of recipe!

Pumpkin Smoothie:
Ingredients
1/2 banana 
1/3 c pumpkin
1/3 c FAGE Total Greek Yogurt
3/4 c vanilla almond milk
4-5 ice cubes
few shakes of pumpkin pie spice
sweetener to taste (optional)
Directions:
Peel and break up the banana dropping the pieces in the blender. Add the remaining ingredients. Blend on a medium high speed until well mixed. Enjoy!!


I made mine using the 0% Total Yogurt to keep the fat content down and I used honey as my sweetener. I loved it! It was refreshing and flavorful and just so good!! My guys thought it would be better using brown sugar instead of the honey and they may be right. If I did, I would use the Splenda Brown Sugar since my husband is diabetic.

I also made several dips with it, and each one turned out so good and got eaten up fairly quick! I also mixed in some jam and used it like a cream cheese spread on English muffins! YUM!! I just loved the fact that we were incorporating more protein, good bacteria, and less fat into our diets, but still kept the flavor and enjoyment of the food there.

The FAGE website is full of wonderful information from the different products they carry, store locator, recipes, and lots of nutritional helps. The whole site is easy to navigate and really informative. Take some time to check it out. It is well worth it. Here is the link: FAGE

We have been working hard to make some big life changes around here. Using FAGE Total Greek Yogurt has helped us make some good changes in our diets at our house. We have been really guilty of eating the wrong way for way too long and making small changes like switching out sour cream for Greek yogurt has really been helping us to feel better and to stay feeling better.

Change is a good thing especially when it tastes as good as FAGE Total Greek Yogurt! So what are you going to do to make some changes in your life? Leave a comment here and share this with your friends using the buttons at the bottom of the post!

I received free product in return for this review. I was not compensated in any other way. the views and opinions expressed here are my own!

No comments:

Post a Comment