Saturday, July 21, 2012

I LOVE Saving Money!!!


I went shopping today with my husband. We were only going to pick up a few things. Well you know how that goes, a few ends up being a little more, then a little more. Well $102.48 later we had our stuff, that is before coupons!!!

After the cashier went through all the coupons and I thoroughly enjoyed watching the number go down and down we ended up with a total of $54.44 including the tax. That number would have been much lower had I not spied all the neat school supplies on sale that I wanted to pick up for a project I am working on. Even with that it included 5 boxes of crayons, 5 boxes of markers, 5 calculators, 20 glue sticks, 40 pens, 3 bottles of hydrogen peroxide, 2 boxes of band aids, and more. So all in all I am beyond thrilled with my shopping trip!!

The picture above is all of the totally FREE things we got. Even the tax for the laundry soap and cat food  was covered with overages on other coupons.
The list of freebies includes:
5 Purex Ultra Packs
1, 32 oz Stoneyfield French Vanilla Yogurt,
3 Oikos Greek Yogurts
1 lb. Oscar Mayer Thick Cut bacon
2 Meow Mix Pate Toppers
2 Folgers Instant Individual Packets
2 Earth's Best Organic baby Food
20 oz Diet Coke
20 oz Coke Zero

I'd say it was a pretty awesome trip!! So what has been one of your favorite trips to the store and how much did you save??

No comments:

Post a Comment