Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Summer Blog Challenge ~ Day 13


Today's blog prompt is a good one!

Day 13 ~ How you see yourself by the end of the year.

It is simple for me. I see myself healthier! Since I had my stroke in December last year I have been trying to get into a better place with my health. The first three+ months were simply trying to get through each day with the double vision and dizziness. Then after that it was dealing with the general weakness and lack of physical endurance from being unable for so long to do much of anything. Now that I am more able to do things I am trying to get back into a regular walking program, I am eating better (have been since the stroke!), and dealing with what appears to be permanent changes in my body. It looks like I will be dealing with a small amount of vertigo and dizziness all the time now. Move my head too fast and I get dizzy. Get up or down too fast and I get dizzy. Do too much in one day and spend the next 2, weak and dizzy.

So I am learning to balance my life. I am learning how much is just the right amount to get in the exercise I need without hurting myself or loosing days. It's not been fun. In fact it has been pretty rough, but I am thankful the stroke was not worse. God has been helping me through this and I have been able to draw closer to Him and my family through it.  But before the end of the year I would love to be able to go on a nice walk along the beach and not feel like I need a nap after!!

So how do you see yourself by the end of the year?

No comments:

Post a Comment