Thursday, June 14, 2012

Growing Up Ziglar Book Review - One Of The Best Books I Have Read In A Long Time!



About the book:

Julie Ziglar Norman often says her dad is the king of 'doing life right' and she is the poster child for 'doing life wrong.'

For over a quarter of a century she lived every day with regret, shame, guilt, and depression. But she was the daughter of the motivator'smotivator, Zig Ziglar, and knew that she needed to be positive. So she gathered up all her negative self-talk and squashed it deep down inside where it couldn't ruin the bright and practiced smile she presented to the world.

'People might assume Zig Ziglar's daughter would automatically grow up to have a positive attitude,' Julie says. 'For a large portion of my life, I was just positive I was miserable!'

Her powerful and heartwarming story will move readers to laughter and tears. Mostly it will renew their faith in God's power to redeem all the wrong choices and bring them full circle to hope and healing. Julie urges readers not to settle for okay when God has true joy waiting for them. She shares tools to equip them to make the changes needed to find true freedom in every area of life.
About Julie: 

Litfuse
Julie Ziglar Norman is the daughter of Zig Ziglarand for 20 years has been his personal editor. With a background in sales and business management, Julie has become a dynamic internationalmotivational speaker. She lives in Texas with her husband, Jim, and continues the Ziglar legacy of encouragement.

What I thought about the book!!

I have to tell you this has been one of the best books for me to read right now. Being in full-time ministry as a Pastor's wife I deal with hurting people all the time. Often I am stumped at what to do or what to say. Reading Julie's book gave me tremendous insight to how I can help more effectively. I think one of the best things she said in the book was a quote from her Mom, "Julie, as long as  you insist on being the victim, I can't help you." (pg 25) 


That statement was something I knew and thought about often, but to hear it in use the way it was there helped me so much. I know how to approach some hard and painful situations with a more serious and tender heart as well as one determined to truly help and not be a crutch!


Julie has a wonderful way of telling it like it is and was without getting graphic or dramatic. She just gives you the facts and the consequences of them and best of all how she conquered those situations in her life with God's help. I normally read books and then pass them along to others so they can enjoy and benefit from them, but this is one book I started taking little notes in almost immediately. It will be on my shelves for a long time as a good reference book for helping people in the future.  It is a wonderful read, simple to get and very thought provoking! I loved it!!


Want to get you own copy (and you should!!), go here: Link to buy the book:  http://ow.ly/beyHN 

No comments:

Post a Comment