Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Insta Linen Is THE Source For Quality Linen

I was asked to review something that was quite different for me, not that I am not familiar with fabric. I am. I have been sewing since I was about 5. I learned to sew on an old treadle machine while making my own doll clothes.

But I was sent some fabric swatches to review and I'll be honest, I am not quite sure what to say or do. So bear with me as I try to give you what I think.


The material is from Insta Linen. Insta Linen is the premier Linen Fabric Store Online dedicated to customer satisfaction, quality products, and great service. They have been trusted by thousands of people around the world and they continue to serve their customers in the USA and abroad.


I received samples in different colors and weaves and I can say, even though these swatches are really small, I can see that the quality of the linen is fantastic. I live in linen as much as possible since it breathes and feels so good against your skin. That and it lasts. It is a classic material that NEVER goes out of style.


Each swatch I got was 4" x 6" and so much fun to look at. My mind started wandering to the many things I could sew up in each of the weaves and then when I looked at all the colors available on line, well my mind went nuts! So many beautiful choices and so many weaves!


After playing around on the site, I saw that whatever it is you want to make from linen, from a shirt to a suit, from shorts to a dress, you can find the perfect blend and color on Insta Linen! The options are fantastic and I was thrilled with the prices! I did not look at every single thing offered, but most of the yardage I saw was 54" to 124" wide and the prices vary from about $7 a yard to $10 a yard, although some are higher. If you have ever shopped for bolts of linen fabric, you know that is really good! I even found some discounted for $1.50 a yard in a linen cotton blend.


On the site you can sort by kind of linen or linen blend, color, weave, softness, use (clothing, upholstery, and more), fabric weight, and width. It's amazing what they have to offer and how easy the site is to navigate. You can request swatch samples too, to help you decide what you want and if the color is just what you want.


I wish desperately I had a few yards that I could have sewn up a nice shirt or dress to show you. It would have been a joy! The swatches I have are wonderful and I am trying to think of things to make even from them.

If you love linen of all kinds and need a source for it, this is the site! I highly recommend it to you!

You can find Insta Linen HERE! Fine them on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram.

This reviewer received the product free or at a discounted price in order to bring you an honest review. No other form of compensation was given. All opinions are those of the reviewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment