Friday, January 1, 2016

Two Essential Oils We Keep In Our Home

I enjoy using alternative things to help clean our home, help with heath issues and more. One of the ways I do that is by using essential oils. Simply Earth, as I have mentioned before, is one of the best places I know to get essential oils for you and you family.


Simply Earth Frankincense Essential oil is one of the oils I have been using lately. This is the very fragrance that the wise men brought to Jesus as a gift when He was a boy. If you have never smelled frankincense, you have missed out. Many Catholic churches and Greek Orthodox churches use it in their incense burners for services and special occasions. It has an amazing woody fragrance with a hint of some spiciness to it. I happen to be very fond of this. In ancient times, this was a highly sought after item and was quite costly.

 

It comes from a tree, like in the picture above. The bark of the tree gets cut and as a result the tree "cries", and a sap seeps out forming a crystal-like material that is then harvested. They actually call it frankincense tears. From those tears the oil is distilled.

Today frankincense is used for a number of things from diffusing for aromatherapy benefits and respiratory ailments, to use on skin for blemishes, scars, wrinkles. The oil is used as an astringent, antiseptic, a tonic and it can help you relax and be calm. I know when I use the oil mixed with several others (like vanilla, cinnamon, cardamon, and/or cedarwood), I really enjoy the way our home smells and it is a calm and comforting atmosphere! I also love it for helping deal with some psoriasis I have on my scalp. It relieves the itch and dryness.


Another Simply Earth essential oil I have been using is Penny Royal. I have been using this for years and I used to grow my own for a long time. (I need to plant some more this spring.) The main reason I grew it is for repelling insects. penny royal oil is toxic to humans and animals, and insects. It won't hurt you growing it or cutting the plant (as long as you don't mess with it for hours and hours) but the oil is toxic and can hurt your skin. Care should be used when using this oil all the time!


There are many things that penny royal has been used for over the years and I have not tried it for anything other than getting rid of and keeping insects at bay. But some people do use it for arthritis, aches and pains and in some case for hysteria. it is important that if you want to use this oil for any of those things that you get in touch with a certified homeopath before you use it so you know what you are doing will be safe.

One thing I do like about penny royal is the wonderful minty fragrance it has. It is refreshing and bright to your senses. it will brighten up your home and encourage you to be calm and relaxed. But again, use caution when using this oil in a difuser since it is toxic.


I love using the Simply Earth essential oils often. The bottles are all brown in color which helps extend the life of the oil by keeping out the ultra violet light. Getting individual drops out of the bottles is so easy and much nicer than having to mess with a bulb dropper.


I can highly recommend both of these oils to you! Unfortunately, right now the Penny Royal is not available from Simply Earth, but should be making a come back soon.

And don't forget, 13% of their profit goes to helping prevent human trafficking! I can get behind that easily!!

You can purchase the Simply Earth Frankincense Essential Oil HERE!

This reviewer has been compensated with receiving the product free or at a discounted price in order to bring you an honest review. All opinions are those of the reviewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment