Thursday, June 25, 2015

Saving More Money, Helping The Environment, And A Clean Carpet ~ Gotta Love That Too!

With two dogs, one cat, and two men (sometimes three when son number two is home from school) you can imagine what my carpets and upholstery go through. This is not putting them down in any way, but guys just don't seem to be as careful about wiping their feet enough or paying attention to what they get on the furniture. It's just life as a guy!

And that's without what the dogs and cat add. Oh boy!! It can be a big problem if I don't keep up with it.


A couple of days ago I told you all about a wonderful All Purpose Cleaner from Greenwald (read the review HERE). Well I am excited to be able to tell you all about another of their products, their Carpet & Fabric Stain Remover Kit.


I have been trying out the Carpet & Fabric Stain Remover and I have to say I really, really like it! It is so easy compared to other products I have used. No foam to mop in. No avoiding the spot for hours while it dries into the carpet and then have to vacuum (hoping you got all the stain), no major scrubbing either.


It is as safe as the All Purpose Cleaner to use around animals and kids. So I feel good about it because my fur babies spend the majority of their time on the carpet. The last thing I want to do is expose them to harmful chemicals that can get absorbed into their skin!


You make this Stain Remover in the same way, you add one of the gel packs to a 32 ounce spray bottle and add water. The pack dissolves in the water and then you agitate it a little. The spray is ready to use in just a few seconds. No mess! No measuring! So simple and takes up very little space in storage. The small plastic container the refills come in stack easy and actual have little holes at the top so you could hang them up on a hook too.


There is a little difference with the Carpet & Fabric Stain Remover. If you want to mainly use it on carpet, they suggest using two of the gel packs for each 32 ounce bottle for heavy stains. That's what I tried out. I'll make another bottle for lighter upholstery stains. Well, let's hope they are lighter anyway! LOL!

Even with using two of the packs in the bottle, the price is so much cheaper than buying other commercial products. The kit comes with 6 packs and so do all the refill packs. By the time you divide this out per bottle, it's a lot cheaper and it is environmentally better! Less waste, and made with ingredients that are safe for everyone in the house, who can argue with that!

So how well does it really work? Take a look here at the before (Please don't ask how the stain got there. It's not a pretty story!) stain:


And this is the after stain removed:


So do you think it works? Seriously! Look at those pictures and tell me it is not worth every penny. All I did was spray the Stain Remover on, let it sit for a little over a minute. Scrub lightly with a brush and then dab up with paper towel. That's it! No going crazy. No spending forever on my sore aching knees! IT WORKS!!! This is one happy homemaker!

So what are you waiting for? Get your own Greenwald's Carpet & Fabric Stain Remover Kit HERE!!

The reviewer has been compensated with receiving the product free in order to bring you an honest review. All opinions are those of the reviewer.

6 comments:

  1. How brilliant the dissolving pack idea is! Seriously, this would have been great for me when I was renting. My living room carpet was always dirty with dark stains from the traffic (garage door to stairway). It looked just like your photo. Plus, my husband always spills drinks on it (…MEN). I can totally see the difference in your photos, and something like that is what I needed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had so much trouble finding a carpet cleaner that I am happy with. I try so hard to stay away from harsh chemicals. I cleaned a spot on my daughter's bedroom carpet with Resolve and it worked but the chemically smell stayed behind for 2 weeks! And that was with open windows and fans blowing. It's really not worth it. She couldn't even sleep in there for a while. I am most definitely going to have to look into this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a carpet flooring in my home and keeping it perfectly clean is a tough job! I have been looking for some good cleaner and guess I found one after reading your post. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. With two small children, I like to use cleaners that leave a more Eco-friendly footprint. It's hard finding one that does a good job since I have a dog too. Will have to look into this. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like a very clever product. I like the way they minimize packaging for ongoing purchases. I try to use cleaning product that are a little more eco-friendly especially since they are often gentler to the skin, nose and eyes (some products are very unpleasant for me to use due to the scent).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how I love Greenwald’s cleaners! I have their All Purpose Cleaner and it works great (& smells good too). I think my favorite part is dropping the pouch into the water hehe.

    I really want to try this one! I have 3 cats that puke up food and hairballs too regularly. I need a good stain remover like this one.

    ReplyDelete