Saturday, May 23, 2015

6 Reasons Why You Should Drink Tea and A Lovely Way To Enjoy It



If you have been reading my blog for any length of time, chances are you have found out how much I love coffee. But....I like tea almost as much. There is something very comforting and relaxing about a cup of tea. When my husband senses that I am stressed out or tense he will suggest that I have a cup of tea and relax. Course I'm not sure how he knows that I am stressed or tense (wink, wink), but he's almost always right and the tea helps.

I love to have plenty of flavors on hand and love to try them out. And I'll admit as much as I tend to be a coffee snob, I can be a tea snob too. I love brewing fresh tea from leaves so I can regulate how much tea I want and use.

Here are 6 good reasons* why you should drink tea too:
1. Green tea could have the power to help keep your bones healthy. Studies have shown that drinking green tea may help lessen the risk of osteoporotic bone fractures.

2. Drinking tea could help reduce the risk of heart attack. Tea might also help protect against cardiovascular and degenerative diseases.

3. Tea is hydrating to the body even despite the caffeine!.

4. Tea could be beneficial to people with Type 2 diabetes. Studies suggest that compounds in green tea could help diabetics better process sugars.

5. Tea helps fight free radicals. Tea is high in oxygen radical absorbance capacity (“ORAC” to its friends), which is a fancy way of saying that it helps destroy free radicals (which can damage DNA) in the body. While our bodies are designed to fight free radicals on their own, they’re not 100 percent effective — and since damage from these radical oxygen ninjas has been linked to cancer, heart disease and neurological degeneration, we’ll take all the help we can get.

6. The antioxidants in tea might help protect against a boatload of cancers, including breast, colon, colorectal, skin, lung, esophagus, stomach, small intestine, pancreas, liver, ovarian, prostate and oral cancers. But don’t rely solely on tea to keep a healthy body — tea is not a miracle cure, after all. While more studies than not suggest that tea has cancer-fighting benefits, the current research is mixed.

There are plenty of other good reasons, but I would say that's a good start to get you thinking!


The TeaVas Tea Bell tea steeper has been specifically designed for those who appreciate the joy of escaping with a perfectly infused cup of their favorite loose leaf tea. If you have come to appreciate that fine tea like I have over the years, have a good cup of tea is as much about the process of preparation as it is the enjoyment of the warm cup in you hands and the rich flavor on your pallet. This Tea Bell is made of durable stainless steel and food grade silicone and is both easy to use and clean (tap used leaves out and wash by hand or place in the dishwasher). This product fits any size cup and will not float. I love that is just sits nicely and flat on the bottom of the cup as the tea steeps.


The small drip rest is a wonderful addition to the Tea Bell. I appreciate that it keeps any excess moisture from dripping all over. I also appreciate that the handle of the Tea Bell is long enough to accommodate even one of my very large mugs without getting lost in it. It is simply easy to use and enjoy.

This tea infuser is ideal for medium to coarse grained teas but is NOT for fine grained teas. Fine grained tea will slip out through the small holes of the Tea Bell, so keep that in mind when choosing the tea you brew with it.


It has been a pleasure to use the TeaVas Tea Bell to make many lovely cups of tea and I can recommend this to you whole heartedly!

You can purchase the TeaVas Tea bell HERE!

*Information gathered here

We received samples of the products for the purpose of review. No other compensation was given. All opinions expressed here are those of the author.

No comments:

Post a Comment