Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Why, Oh Why Is It Worth Getting A Massage


**

Have you ever wondered why people get so excited about massages? I'm not talking about just your average "please rub my back" kind of massage. I'm talking about long, with oil, and lots of quiet kind of massages.

There are some very good reasons to consider having a really good massage from time to time. Let me share a few with you.*

- Increases circulation, allowing the body to pump more oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs. This is turn reduces stress and can lower your blood pressure.
- Stimulates the flow of lymph, the body's natural defense system, against toxic invaders. For example, in breast cancer patients, massage has been shown to increase the cells that fight cancer.
- Increased circulation of blood and lymph systems improves the condition of the body's largest organ, the skin.
- Relaxes and softens injured and overused muscles
- Reduces spasms and cramping
- Increases joint flexibility.
- Reduces recovery time, helps prepare for strenuous workouts and eliminates subsequent pains of the athlete at any level.
- Releases endorphins, the body's natural painkiller, and is being used in chronic illness, injury and recovery from surgery to control and relieve pain.
- Reduces post-surgery adhesions and edema and can be used to reduce and realign scar tissue after healing has occurred.
- Improves range-of-motion and decreases discomfort for patients with low back pain.
- Relieves pain for migraine sufferers and decreases the need for medication.
- Provides exercise and stretching for atrophied muscles and reduces shortening of the muscles for those with restricted range of motion.
- Assists with shorter labor for expectant mothers, as well as less need for medication, less depression and anxiety, and shorter hospital stays.

Okay, so it was a few more than a few, but I think you can see that getting a massage, even once a year is beneficial. Unfortunately if you are like me, affording a massage is another thing! Well there are ways to help you do that even if you think you can't! I'd list them all, but this post would be about a mile long if I did, so I will send you over HERE to learn all about self-massage and how easy it really is, to say the least beneficial!

But what kind of oil should you use?


Adovia has an amazing oil that I have found works the best of any I have tried. It's their Fractionated Coconut Carrier Oil & Massage Oil.

Now the facts about it: The Fractionated Coconut Oil offered by GoPure is considered an all-natural type of carrier oil that is able to easily absorb into your skin, which makes it a go-to option for all types of topical therapies. It offers a feather-light emollient, providing a soothing barrier, without the risk of clogging your pores, and is ideal for dry or otherwise troubled skin. It provides the skin with a non-greasy, silky smooth feel, unlike the other vegetable carrier oils currently available. It is completely soluble with all types of essential oils and is odorless and colorless, which means it will not stain any fabric it comes in contact with. It also has a prolonged shelf life, which means it will not go rancid and is designed for topical use only.


I love how the oil feels. It doesn't feel greasy or slimy in any way. It's clear and odor-free, so it accept fragrance easily. It absorbs into your skin very well and keeps you feeling soft and smooth for quite a while. But it is perfect for a massage. I have added some essential oils to it, lemon, peppermint, and lavender (not all at the same time! LOL!) and it has been wonderful.


When I needed to feel energized I used the lemon or peppermint. When I was feeling a little sick I used the peppermint. When I was stressed or very tired out came the lavender. All three mixed easily and completely in the Coconut Massage Oil, leaving my skin feeling wonderful, my muscles feeling relaxed and ready to go, and my senses filled!

I can highly recommend this Coconut Massage Oil to you!

You can purchase your own Adovia GoPure Fractionated Coconut Carrier Oil & Massage Oil HERE!

We received samples of the products for the purpose of review. No other compensation was given. All opinions expressed here are those of the author.

*Benefits of Massage
** Image from Cameo's Salon & Spa

No comments:

Post a Comment