Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Have You Tried A Ceramic Knife Yet?



Anyone who cooks on a regular basis will tell you some of the most important things to have in your kitchen are good sharp knives. I grew up in an area of the country where there are multiple knife companies and have had a chance to use some really good knives, but I have found one that I absolutely love using just recently!

The NanoRazor 3" Ceramic Paring knife is an amazing and awesome knife to use. I'll be honest, I was a little skeptical about the idea of using a ceramic knife. But....I am no longer!

Here is a little about the knife ~ The NanoRazor Advantage:
Ceramic knives are sharper, more lightweight, and much easier to clean than steel ones. However, many people complain that ceramic knives are too fragile, chipping or shattering at the slightest bump. The Savvy Living NanoRazor is made using a special 4-step process which makes our blades sharper, denser, and more durable than those on regular ceramic knives.
1. The blades are molded from high-tech zirconium oxide in a 100 ton+ forging machine.
2. The blade is pressed using a special cold isostatic pressing process which makes it denser and more resistant to wear.
3. They use a high-temperature sintering process where the blade is placed in a 1500(°C) kiln for over 96 hours to make it denser and less porous (fewer pores means food and bacteria don't stick to it). 4. The blade is triple-polished with a diamond wheel for a smooth finish and razor sharp edge, and fit with an ergonomic, easy-to-grip handle for comfortable slicing, dicing, and chopping without wrist fatigue. In summary, it possesses the rare balance of sharpness and durability, which makes it great for professional chefs and home cooks alike.

I can say that the knife really is very sharp and cuts like a dream! It just glides through the food. I have tried it now on everything from meat to vegetables and it has done so well with each and every thing I have cut it with. And it can be sharpened if it goes dull (which is not supposed to happen for a long time).


One thing I appreciate is that small sheath that comes with it. I have always loved having knives that are not stored in my knife block to have a sheath to protect your fingers when you reach in the drawer for them.

The balance of the ceramic knife is wonderful. It feels comfortable in my hand and I don't tire using it for a long time. Even with some pretty good arthritis going on in my hands, I was still able to grip the knife easily without any discomfort.


I may seriously have to give ceramic knives of other sizes a chance to prove me wrong again! The NanoRazor Ceramic Knife comes in a great gift box with a FREE Ceramic Vegetable Peeler that works like a dream! It would make a great gift for anyone you know who loves to cook.


You can purchase your own NanoRazor 3" Ceramic Paring knife with a FREE Ceramic Peeler HERE!

We received samples of the products for the purpose of review. No other compensation was given. All opinions expressed here are those of the author.

No comments:

Post a Comment