What's a girl to do? Well the best thing I can recommend is to use the Bellemain 1.75 Quart Cordless Electric Stainless Steel Kettle. This is such a nice appliance to have in the house now! I love it!!
Here is a little from the company you should know:
Boiling water for your tea, coffee or instant soup is now more convenient and safer than ever. With the Bellemain Cordless Kettle, there's less waiting around, and no worries about a dangling cord, overheating, boiling dry or accidental spills.
- 1500 Watts of Power for Rapid Boil Faster than a stovetop kettle or the microwave, the Bellemain heats water in just 2 minutes!
- Kettle Lifts Off the Corded Base for Safe, Easy Use Putting water in and pouring it out are so much easier when there's no cord to get in your way, or get wet and possibly give you an electrical shock.
- Auto Shutoff When Water Reaches Boiling Point This built-in safety feature ensures that the Bellemain will never overheat or boil over, which could damage the kettle or create a fire hazard. The Bellemain will also shut off automatically when the water level gets too low, to prevent boiling dry.
- Power On Light and Locking Lid for Safety With many kettles, you can't tell if they're hot except by touching them (ouch!). When the Bellemain's power light is on, you'll know just by looking. The locking lid is another great safety feature: it prevents accidental spills while you're pouring.
- Water Level Gauge A clear plastic panel in the handle tells you when there's danger of overflowing or boiling dry.
- Adjustable Length Cord Stores in the Base For safe, convenient storage, the cord wraps inside the base. When you're ready to plug it in, pull out just the length you need.
- 1-Year Limited Warranty The Bellemain is made of durable, brushed stainless steel for dependable quality and service. It is backed by a 1-year limited warranty.
I can not tell you how convenient having this electric kettle is! Even when the kettle is full it boils really fast. I can have a cup of tea ready in 2 minutes.
When the water boils you just pick the kettle up off the base and pour out the water. Then set it back down, but now the kettle is turned off, so it does not continue to boil. That's great. It prevents it from boiling dry and you don't have to worry about remembering to turn it off. But the kettle remains hot for quite a long time! I was very surprised at how long it stays warm. That makes things really easy for having a second cup or if someone stops by after you have had your cup poured for a while. Saves time too. But you need to watch little ones around this so they don't get burned!
It is really easy to fill and know how much is in it with the gauge on the kettle. The on/off button is super easy too, and lights up when it is on with a soft blue light. And I love how the lid stays put! You have to purposely push the button for it to open, and yet you don't' have to mess with it to pour.
One thing that is super nice is the cord storage on the bottom of the base. You can wrap it around and only have as much cord out as you need, keeping a bunch of extra cord off the counter. It's also nice to not have the cord attached to the kettle itself!
We have used it for just boiling water for tea & cocoa, but also to get a head start on boiling water for meals. It really does help speed up things. My son loves it for boiling water for ramen noodles. I think this is one thing any home could use!!