There is nothing worse than planting a garden, either vegetable or ornamental, and having animals or birds make a mess of it but eating what you have planted. It happens no matter where you live and it is a tough battle to stop it.
I hate using chemicals to deter animals if at all possible so the Scare Tape I got from Predator Guard was something I was very interested in.
Here's a little about it from the company:
- PREDATOR GUARD SCARE TAPE IS USED BY FARMERS & PROPERTY OWNERS AROUND THE WORLD - to frighten birds and other daytime predators and keep them far away from gardens, crops, property, boats & docks.
- SCARE TAPE USES VISUAL AND SOUND EFFECTS TO SCARE BIRDS AND OTHER ANIMALS AWAY - The shiny mylar material shimmers in the sunlight, reflecting light in all directions and disorienting nuisance birds & animals. Scare Tape also creates a metallic noise as it flaps in the wind, adding an additional threatening sound to keep pest birds & animals away
- SIMPLE, EFFECTIVE, LONG-LASTING - Easy to install in any area with access to light &/or wind
- HUMANE, ECO-FRIENDLY - SCARE TAPE is proven to help wildlife and pest bird populations by causing them to migrate to more natural habitat areas where they are free from harm.
- GUARANTEED PROTECTION FROM DAMAGE CAUSED BY BIRDS AND WILD ANIMALS - 2 inch x 100 foot roll covers 4000 square feet of area
The Scare Tape is really easy to use. You just roll off as much as you need, attach it to your plants or a stake in the garden and let the wind take over. The bright tape reflects everything and shimmers and shines brightly. it also makes a slight crackly kind of noise as it waves around which further helps to deter animals and birds. You can see in the image below how much it reflects. That's me taking a picture in the reflection.
This is a great way to protect your expensive investment with your gardening and do it without harming any animals or birds. I really like that. Plus it's not expensive, which helps a lot!
You can purchase your own Predator Guard Scare Tape HERE!