Wednesday, September 10, 2014

They're Getting Married!


This week has been really, really crazy for me. We have a wedding this weekend out of town, and it seems like whether you are going to be gone for a few days or a few weeks there is always a lot to do before you go.

But I am glad for the one thing I got to do to get ready for our trip. I was able to make a card for the couple getting married. Now this couple is not just any couple. When we heard about the upcoming nuptials, to be honest, we were a little surprised. perplexed, and happy all at the same time.

You see, the couple getting married is my Father-in-law and his girlfriend. His wife passed away 10 years ago and we just got used to the idea of him puttering around by himself, doing things with friends and enjoying his retirement.

Little did we know one of those friends would become more than just a friend. I know he still misses my Mother-in-law. They were married for 47 years. We're very happy for them and excited to see this new stage of his life begin. To me it is wonderful to think of him finding love again and sharing the rest of his life with a new wife.

But we were still surprised! LOL!!

The card was a joy to make. For an occasion like this, I wanted the card to be special. I embossed the paper, popped up the cake and attached some fun brads, ribbon, and lace. The sentiment inside I typed out in a font I like and printed it off on card stock.


It's not often you get to make a wedding card for your Father-in-law and your future Step Mother-in-law. It is a joy though to think of the happiness they have both found in each other and I am excited for them, so is my husband. God works in some amazing ways in all of our lives.

Congratulations to the future Mr. and Mrs. Steve and Sandy Jones!


Now to look forward to some real wedding cake on Saturday.

16 comments:

  1. Congrats to Steve and sandy! The card is gorgeous! They'll love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The invite is very nice.. Congrats to the Happy Couple!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a beautiful card! Congratulations to the happy couple.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! I am glad he found happiness again. Congrats to the couple.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card! Congratulations to them both!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card! Congrats to the happy couple, and enjoy your cake. mmmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats. I love this card and so true we always have something to do-prepare before those events

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats to them! That is a besutiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! It's amazing when you find love again and share it with someone amazing a second time around. The card is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats! What a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE your card...it's just so beautiful...the embossing is a lovely touch. Handmade cards are so special and make unique keepsakes!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, you made that card? Very talented!! I wish I was this good at paper craft!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How beautiful and detailed it is. Exquisite work!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! this is beautiful! I'm sure your father in law and his new wife will truly appreciate this as it's made from the heart. It's lovely to see older couples fall in love or find love. My grandmother was the same and though we miss my grandpa, it's always nice to just see her happy. Hope you have a great time!

    ReplyDelete