We have the neatest gadget in our house right now. It's Ice Ball Molds from StyloPhora. I don't often get super excited about new gadgets (okay maybe a little more excited than I like to admit), but these Ice Ball Molds are a lot of fun!
Here's some info from StyloPhora
- The product is designed for making large perfectly round ice balls to make great looking drinks for parties and also is great for whiskey drinkers (not something endorsed by The Minister's Wife).
- The silicone molds come in a pack of 3 and include a silicone funnel in the pack.
- These ice ball molds come in a great clear tube packaging, with easy to follow instructions.
- The funnel can be used to fill the molds without mess or spilling your choice of liquid, it is also very useful for other applications in the kitchen.
- The molds also have fill lines printed on them so that they can be easily filled with the correct amount of liquid.
- Dogs also love to play with these ice balls in their water bowl.
I can attest to dogs loving them! Every time I get one out of the freezer now, Bender seems to think it is for him! He loves chewing them up and it keeps him entertained for a short while and is a nice, inexpensive treat for him.
At the top of each Ice Ball Mold is a hole for filling it. There is also a black ring printed on the mold. That's the fill line. You fill the mold at the most to the black ring to make your big ice ball. I found that filling to just under the ring works best. Adding the water just to the ring tends to make the mold separate a little in the freezer.
One the mold is filled you place it in the freezer for about 5 hours. You can tell when it is frozen completely. Then you take off the top. Hold the mold upside down, holding the mold edge, push on the bottom of the mold. Out pops the ball! It's really easy once you get the hang of it. A few times we had some determined not to come out, but a little water run over them and out they came!
It has been so nice to have these. One big ice cube ball keeps a drink cold for a long time. It melts much slower than small cubes, so it doesn't water down drinks as quickly. And it lasts through several refills! We love them! I have already tried flavored beverages in them to freeze. I am planning on using it for making special punch and drinks for parties. That way things have the full flavor of the beverage and they won't get watered down. I will just be making the ice balls ahead of time and storing them in a large zipper plastic bag. Easy!!
Like I said, these come in a package of three and are well worth the money. All of the molds come with a lifetime guarantee. They sell for $13.97 currently on Amazon. You can purchase them HERE! I highly recommend then to you!