Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Super Swizz Spiral Slicer Review

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.

Recently I received the Super Swizz Spiral Slicer. I was excited. My mind was racing with all the ideas of fun things I could create with it. It's not an easy item to get used to. I'll explain more later. Here is a little you should know about the Spiral Slicer!

SuperSwizz Spiral Slicer:
 ★ Top Quality Spiral Slicer - Spiralizer with Bonus Brush for Easy Cleaning
 ★ Feature: Special, sturdy Japanese blades made of stainless steel Create endless Julienne strips Two Julienne sizes - 2x3 mm and 3.5x5 mm Dishwasher - safe Stainless steel / plastic
 ★ Easy and quick to operate, small enough to fit into your kitchen drawer, and works better than expensive spiral cutter products
 ★ Comes complete with a KITCHEN BRUSH, DETAILED OPERATING INSTRUCTIONS.
 ★ Designed to make raw vegetable "pastas" with ease from carrots, zucchinis and the like, the SuperSwizz Spiral Slicer is the perfect gadget for raw foodists. From veggie spaghetti, easy stir fry, to fancy garnishes for the sushi plate, this spiral cutter makes it all so easy. It is ideal for making curly strands of firm vegetables, creating garlands of vegetables, making stunning salads and food preparations. Creating easy and healthly meals
 ★Simply use this vegetable spiralizer like a pencil sharpener. There will be a little leftover (like a pencil-sized core) which you can easily slice as normal. SuperSwizz Spiral vegetable slicer can cut spirals in 2 thicknesses (2x3mm & 3.5x5mm).


This is what I think:
The Super Swizz Spiral Slicer is easy to use (in theory). Just insert the vegetable into one end of the slicer and rotate it against the cutting blades. There are two sizes of slices to choose from, 3mm or 5mm. You’ll end up with a small core that looks like a giant pencil sharpened, that can be sliced up and added to the spirals or saved for another purpose. When something gets too small to use your hand to turn it, just place the end cap on it and use it to turn the vegetable.


Now I will be honest with you, I am having a little trouble getting the hang of it. I have tried some of the vegetables recommended on the instructions and box and just don't seem to get the same results as I have seen others get. The softer vegetables seem to work the best, zucchini and cucumber, plus other soft squashes. But the carrots and potatoes I have a lot of trouble getting to work well.

Carrots need to be really big to use well and small vegetables like radishes are too small to use in it at all. The kind of potato you use makes a big difference too. Red potatoes are generally softer and would work the best and make great shoestring fries or hash browns. But the problem is having to cut things down to fit into the slicer and then make the noodles.

The Spiral Slicer is super easy to clean though. It comes with a little brush to help get into the nooks and crannies and clean them out well. It is also dishwasher safe.

I'm not giving up on it though. I love the idea of being able to substitute veggies for carbs in our diets. I think with more use and practice I will get better at using it and finding just the right vegetables to use.

You can find the Super Swizz Spiral Slicer HERE!

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment