I received a copy of this book for the purpose of this review.
I am super excited to tell you about this book! After being in children's ministry in one form or another (Leader, Missionary, Pastor's Wife, Teacher) for over 30 years I have learned a lot about what it is that helps kids understand the Word of God and who God is. I WISH I had this book years ago. My job would have been much easier. From start to finish, this book covers the fundamentals of the faith. It starts in the beginning with creation and leads the child (and parents) in the direction of salvation and a faith walk with Christ. But it is not just blindly doing so, Valerie Ackermann helps the child (and again parents) understand the whys and hows of faith, answering some tough questions in a way that can be easily understood. Throughout this book are woven biblical truths in simple to understand language. It is perfect for kids age 7 - 12. I even know some adults who would enjoy the simple and sound teaching in this book. I highly recommend this to anyone who wishes to help their kids understand who God is, His plan for their lives, and His Word!
The God Puzzle is a colorful, easy to use tool to help you communicate to your child the rich truths about God, His ways, His will and His love. The God Puzzle will help you address doctrinal themes of the Christian faith in a kid friendly way, present Bible lessons in an interactive way that will hold the child's attention and deliver quality teaching with no preparation needed. 75% of children leave the church when they leave home. Something isn't working. Sunday School isn't doing it all. Kids need answers, good ones. And they need them from you, the parent. This book enables you to give them simple, clear answers.
What makes The God Puzzle unique?
- - ready made discussion questions for parent to ask their child in each lesson
- - can be done at any pace that works with your family . . . every night, once a week, 10 minutes here, 30 minutes there . . . it fits into realistic family life
- - puts the pieces together for a child to understand God, the Bible, and the Christian faith
- - in each lesson the responds to the truth so they understand their relationship to God is personal and life transforming
- - any parent, whether they know nothing, or a lot about God can start teaching their child today with no prep
- - deep theology put into language a child can understand
- - deeply Biblical, each lesson points to Christ
- - put in an order that starts with creation, and teaches the Bible as one story that all points to Christ
- - child stays engaged by filling in blanks, crosswords, drawing, matching and using their Bibles as they learn
About the Author:
Valerie Ackermann has a BA in Theology and has been a full time Children's Ministry Director at Parkwood Community Church in California for over 10 years. She is also a weekly Sunday school teacher, wife, and busy mom of two boys ages 9 and 11. She has hands-on experience as a children's ministry professional, teaching and leading children of all ages. Growing up in a Christian family in the small town of Saskatchewan Canada, she has wonderful memories of knowing God from an early age. She has a passion for kids to know the deep truths of God.
Find out more at: Lead Me To God
I received a copy on this book for the purpose of this review only. I was not compensated in any other way. All opinions expressed here are my own.