Monday, March 4, 2013

Morning Star Offers A Wonderful Variety Of Meatless Good-For-You Food!!

I have to be upfront here and say that I do love my meat! But I am open to new foods and trying new things. In fact at one point in my life I was a vegetarian for a few years. It was a college fad for me! Sigh!

Trying out the Morning Star product Tomato Basil Pizza Burgers I was somewhat surprised. I am not much for meat substitutes. First I don't understand if you don't want to eat meat why would you want to eat something that looks like it and is supposed to sort of taste like it? But putting that aside I think Morning Star has done a great job in making something I thought would be really tofuy into something not too bad!

We had the Tomato Basil Pizza Burgers on top of English muffins that had been toasted. Then we put the burgers on top and topped them with some cheese and green onions. Have to say they were not too bad! I don't think my family will want them too often, but I did not get the complaints I thought I would. In fact a few seconds were requested, so they must have liked them at least a little.

They were really easy to make too. The directions on the package are simple and quick. And when I was looking through the section in the grocery store I was surprised to find the huge variety of products they offered. It was a tough choice to pick out just one.

I am not going to say that we are going to give up meat. I don't think I could ever get my family to do that, but I think they would be more open to eating meatless more often. We do it occasionally to save money or because of seasonal things. I do wish the price of the products was a little less than they are. It is not something that fits my budget without a coupon and good sale.

But don't take my word for it. Try them out for yourselves! They can be found in the freezer section of most major grocery stores and I think they are well worth the try!!

I am a BzzAgent and received samples and coupons for the sole purpose of doing this review and spreading the news about the product. I was not compensated in any other way!

No comments:

Post a Comment